Man trampled to death by elephant
Coimbatore: A man was trampled to death by a wild elephant early Friday morning at a village under Periyana Naicken Palayam forest range, police said.
The 45-year-old man had gone out of his hut at Panapalli village to answer nature`s call when the tusker suddenly emerged from the forest, chased him and trampled him to death.
Villagers noticed the body and informed police and forest department officials, who rushed to the spot and recovered the body, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muttiah Muralitharan: Sri Lanka cricket files complaint against former off-spinner for insulting team manager
- SC allows Mumbai rape survivor to terminate 24-week-old abnormal foetus
- Rs 2,237-crore revenue generated from 74 coal mines: Govt
- 'Indian digital payments market to reach $500 bn by 2020'
- Renault launches Lodgy variant priced up to Rs 10.4 lakh