Man tries to board flight with invalid papers, held
Chennai: One person was arrested at the Chennai airport for allegedly trying to board a flight to Qatar without valid documents, police said on Wednesday.
Gunasekaran was disembarked from a flight bound for Qatar on May 6, after immigration officials found his passport having an Emigration Check Required (ECR) stamp, despite having a work visa, which was not approved by the Protector of Emigrants, a police release said.
On being sent out of the departure terminal, Gunasekaran called an agent Kamaruddin, who in turn called the immigration officials, allegedly threatening them, to let the passenger continue his journey.
On finding the duo outside the terminal after few hours, immigration officials found out that the visa Gunasekaran had was a work visa, for which he should have had an Emigration Check Not Required (ECNR) stamp.
On complaint from the Immigration Officer, Airport police arrested the two and remanded them in judicial custody, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional