Man tries to board flight with invalid papers, held
Chennai: One person was arrested at the Chennai airport for allegedly trying to board a flight to Qatar without valid documents, police said on Wednesday.
Gunasekaran was disembarked from a flight bound for Qatar on May 6, after immigration officials found his passport having an Emigration Check Required (ECR) stamp, despite having a work visa, which was not approved by the Protector of Emigrants, a police release said.
On being sent out of the departure terminal, Gunasekaran called an agent Kamaruddin, who in turn called the immigration officials, allegedly threatening them, to let the passenger continue his journey.
On finding the duo outside the terminal after few hours, immigration officials found out that the visa Gunasekaran had was a work visa, for which he should have had an Emigration Check Not Required (ECNR) stamp.
On complaint from the Immigration Officer, Airport police arrested the two and remanded them in judicial custody, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder