Man tries to board flight with invalid papers, held
Chennai: One person was arrested at the Chennai airport for allegedly trying to board a flight to Qatar without valid documents, police said on Wednesday.
Gunasekaran was disembarked from a flight bound for Qatar on May 6, after immigration officials found his passport having an Emigration Check Required (ECR) stamp, despite having a work visa, which was not approved by the Protector of Emigrants, a police release said.
On being sent out of the departure terminal, Gunasekaran called an agent Kamaruddin, who in turn called the immigration officials, allegedly threatening them, to let the passenger continue his journey.
On finding the duo outside the terminal after few hours, immigration officials found out that the visa Gunasekaran had was a work visa, for which he should have had an Emigration Check Not Required (ECNR) stamp.
On complaint from the Immigration Officer, Airport police arrested the two and remanded them in judicial custody, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!