Man tries to board flight with invalid papers, held
Chennai: One person was arrested at the Chennai airport for allegedly trying to board a flight to Qatar without valid documents, police said on Wednesday.
Gunasekaran was disembarked from a flight bound for Qatar on May 6, after immigration officials found his passport having an Emigration Check Required (ECR) stamp, despite having a work visa, which was not approved by the Protector of Emigrants, a police release said.
On being sent out of the departure terminal, Gunasekaran called an agent Kamaruddin, who in turn called the immigration officials, allegedly threatening them, to let the passenger continue his journey.
On finding the duo outside the terminal after few hours, immigration officials found out that the visa Gunasekaran had was a work visa, for which he should have had an Emigration Check Not Required (ECNR) stamp.
On complaint from the Immigration Officer, Airport police arrested the two and remanded them in judicial custody, the release said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!