Man trying to marry for sixth time lands behind bar in TN
Salem, TN: A much-married 50-year-old man`s wedding spree finally came to a halt as he landed in police custody Tuesday while trying to marry for the sixth time.
Thangavel, a granite agent in nearby Attur, was arrested on a complaint filed by his first and third wives, who recently came to know about his wedding exploits spread over a period of 30 years and his move for another marriage, police said.
The man has been booked under various sections of IPC for offences, including marrying again during the lifetime of wife and concealment of marriage, Attur DSP Krishnaraj told reporters.
He told police that he married five times as his wives had "affairs" with others. Thangavel said he decided to marry the physically challenged woman from Bangalore as he waned to give "life" to her.
He had made special mentions of all his marriages in a diary, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Three in three! Shane Watson has never lost T20 final in his first season with team
- It's a wrap for Vidya Balan-Arjun Rampal's 'Kahaani 2'!
- NASA installs space station's inflatable room
- Attacks on African nationals: Sushma Swaraj speaks to Rajnath Singh, assures swift action
- Modi government's third year to see many more important legislations