Man who hacked SI arrested, remanded to judicial custody
Ariyalur: A man who allegedly hacked at a Sub-Inspector when he and his team tried to question him for possessing a sickle has been arrested, police said.
They said the SI and his team were on routine on the Andimadam-Azhagapuram road last night when they spotted the man carrying a sickle tried to question him.
However he attacked the SI and tried to escape, but was overpowered.
He was produced before a Judicial magistrate today and remanded to 15 days Judicial custody.
The SI has been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India