Man who hacked SI arrested, remanded to judicial custody
Ariyalur: A man who allegedly hacked at a Sub-Inspector when he and his team tried to question him for possessing a sickle has been arrested, police said.
They said the SI and his team were on routine on the Andimadam-Azhagapuram road last night when they spotted the man carrying a sickle tried to question him.
However he attacked the SI and tried to escape, but was overpowered.
He was produced before a Judicial magistrate today and remanded to 15 days Judicial custody.
The SI has been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...