Man who helped nab corrupt govt official given Rs 1L as award
Coimbatore: A man who helped arrest a government official while he was accepting a bribe was today awarded Rs one lakh as incentive for his act by the joint action committee of Anti Corruption Movement today.
The man had approached a Village Administrative Officer (VAO) of Pappampatti near Sulur on the outskirts of the city in October last year for land deed transfer, but was asked to pay Rs 6,000 as bribe.
He then approached the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti Corruption wing of police who laid a trap and asked him to give the the government official chemically treated notes. The VAO was caught while accepting the bribe.
To appreciate his act and also set an example to other citizens, the committee today handed over the cheque through Collector Archana Patnaik on the collectorate premises, in the presence of government officials and the public.
The committee, comprising nearly 20 organisations fighting corruption, has already felicitated three persons, including in Tiruchirapalli and Tirunelveli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees