Man who helped nab corrupt govt official given Rs 1L as award
Coimbatore: A man who helped arrest a government official while he was accepting a bribe was today awarded Rs one lakh as incentive for his act by the joint action committee of Anti Corruption Movement today.
The man had approached a Village Administrative Officer (VAO) of Pappampatti near Sulur on the outskirts of the city in October last year for land deed transfer, but was asked to pay Rs 6,000 as bribe.
He then approached the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti Corruption wing of police who laid a trap and asked him to give the the government official chemically treated notes. The VAO was caught while accepting the bribe.
To appreciate his act and also set an example to other citizens, the committee today handed over the cheque through Collector Archana Patnaik on the collectorate premises, in the presence of government officials and the public.
The committee, comprising nearly 20 organisations fighting corruption, has already felicitated three persons, including in Tiruchirapalli and Tirunelveli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chidambaram rejects FM Jaitley's remarks over inflation
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Traffic nightmare in Gurgaon; waterlogging on NH8 hits Delhi-Jaipur route, schools shut
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions