Man who helped nab corrupt govt official given Rs 1L as award
Coimbatore: A man who helped arrest a government official while he was accepting a bribe was today awarded Rs one lakh as incentive for his act by the joint action committee of Anti Corruption Movement today.
The man had approached a Village Administrative Officer (VAO) of Pappampatti near Sulur on the outskirts of the city in October last year for land deed transfer, but was asked to pay Rs 6,000 as bribe.
He then approached the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti Corruption wing of police who laid a trap and asked him to give the the government official chemically treated notes. The VAO was caught while accepting the bribe.
To appreciate his act and also set an example to other citizens, the committee today handed over the cheque through Collector Archana Patnaik on the collectorate premises, in the presence of government officials and the public.
The committee, comprising nearly 20 organisations fighting corruption, has already felicitated three persons, including in Tiruchirapalli and Tirunelveli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan