Man who helped nab corrupt govt official given Rs 1L as award
Coimbatore: A man who helped arrest a government official while he was accepting a bribe was today awarded Rs one lakh as incentive for his act by the joint action committee of Anti Corruption Movement today.
The man had approached a Village Administrative Officer (VAO) of Pappampatti near Sulur on the outskirts of the city in October last year for land deed transfer, but was asked to pay Rs 6,000 as bribe.
He then approached the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti Corruption wing of police who laid a trap and asked him to give the the government official chemically treated notes. The VAO was caught while accepting the bribe.
To appreciate his act and also set an example to other citizens, the committee today handed over the cheque through Collector Archana Patnaik on the collectorate premises, in the presence of government officials and the public.
The committee, comprising nearly 20 organisations fighting corruption, has already felicitated three persons, including in Tiruchirapalli and Tirunelveli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!