Maoist leader arrested in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: A Maoist leader, who is alleged to have been providing arms training, has been arrested here, police said on Sunday.
Vivek, the state secretary of the banned Communist Party of India-Maoist, was arrested on Saturday following an intelligence input.
The Maoist leader, who hails from Dindigul district, is alleged to have been providing arms training in Periakulam in Theni district, around 500 km from here.
Police have taken Vivek to Periakulam and are now on a lookout for his accomplice Padma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof