Maoist leader arrested in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: A Maoist leader, who is alleged to have been providing arms training, has been arrested here, police said on Sunday.
Vivek, the state secretary of the banned Communist Party of India-Maoist, was arrested on Saturday following an intelligence input.
The Maoist leader, who hails from Dindigul district, is alleged to have been providing arms training in Periakulam in Theni district, around 500 km from here.
Police have taken Vivek to Periakulam and are now on a lookout for his accomplice Padma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic