Maoist leader arrested in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: A Maoist leader, who is alleged to have been providing arms training, has been arrested here, police said on Sunday.
Vivek, the state secretary of the banned Communist Party of India-Maoist, was arrested on Saturday following an intelligence input.
The Maoist leader, who hails from Dindigul district, is alleged to have been providing arms training in Periakulam in Theni district, around 500 km from here.
Police have taken Vivek to Periakulam and are now on a lookout for his accomplice Padma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city