MDMK to boycott Pudukkottai bypolls
Chennai: Vaiko-led MDMK today decided to boycott the June 12 by-election to the Pudukkottai assembly constituency, alleging that the poll officials in the state were working as "agents" of the ruling AIADMK in Tamil Nadu.
"The Pudukkottai by-election will witness atrocities taking central stage and the poll officials are functioning as agents of the ruling party," Vaiko alleged in a statement.
He said that the state government had allocated Rs 50 crore special package to Pudukkottai municipality and 32 ministers were camping in the constituency.
DMK, CPI and PMK have already decided not to contest the bypoll, caused by the death of CPI MLA S P Muthukumaran in a road accident on April 1.
AIADMK chief and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has nominated V R Karthik Thondaiman for the bye-election and has constituted a working group, which includes almost the entire state cabinet, to ensure the victory of the party nominee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH