MDMK`s Vaiko meet death convicts in prison
Vellore: MDMK leader Vaiko Monday met the three
death row convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case at the prison here.
Vaiko spent about 20 minutes with the convicts Murugan,
Santhan and Perarivalan, whose death sentence was stayed by
the Madras High Court for two weeks on August 30, the prison
The Tamil Nadu assembly also in a resolution appealed to President Pratibha Patil to reconsider their mercy pleas.
Various political parties, including DMK president M
Karunanidhi had also appealed to the President to reconsider
the clemency petitions of the three.
Referring to the protests by local population against
Koodankulam power project, he asked the Centre not to go ahead
with the project as people in the village fear that it posed a
danger to their lives and livelyhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her