Medical team to screen passengers at Tamil Nadu airport
Tiruchirappalli: A medical team had been formed to screen passengers coming in from Ebola-hit countries to an airport here, S Isakki, Airport Medical officer said here on Monday.
A team led by Deputy Director of Health Ravindran and Corporation health officer Mariappan had started screening suspected passengers from yesterday, he said.
Several passengers from African countries arrive here via Colombo and Dubai.
The passengers were also being monitored for 21 days, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement