Medical team to screen passengers at Tamil Nadu airport
Tiruchirappalli: A medical team had been formed to screen passengers coming in from Ebola-hit countries to an airport here, S Isakki, Airport Medical officer said here on Monday.
A team led by Deputy Director of Health Ravindran and Corporation health officer Mariappan had started screening suspected passengers from yesterday, he said.
Several passengers from African countries arrive here via Colombo and Dubai.
The passengers were also being monitored for 21 days, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?