Meeting to discuss problems of Tamils lodged in camps in TN
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi on Sunday said he has convened a meeting of ministers
and government officials here tomorrow to discuss the status
of Sri Lankan Tamil refugees lodged in camps in the State.
In a statement, he said an article published in a leading
weekly with photographic evidence had brought to his notice
the plight of Lankan Tamil refugees living in the State.
He said he would discuss with ministers and senior
officials on mitigating their sufferings.
Karunanidhi said after the visit of an MPs delegation
from Tamil Nadu to Sri Lanka, over one lakh internally
displaced Lankan Tamils, who were lodged in camps, were sent
back to their respective homes.
The state government would make all efforts to send the
remaining displaced Tamils to their respective places, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog