Meeting to discuss problems of Tamils lodged in camps in TN
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi on Sunday said he has convened a meeting of ministers
and government officials here tomorrow to discuss the status
of Sri Lankan Tamil refugees lodged in camps in the State.
In a statement, he said an article published in a leading
weekly with photographic evidence had brought to his notice
the plight of Lankan Tamil refugees living in the State.
He said he would discuss with ministers and senior
officials on mitigating their sufferings.
Karunanidhi said after the visit of an MPs delegation
from Tamil Nadu to Sri Lanka, over one lakh internally
displaced Lankan Tamils, who were lodged in camps, were sent
back to their respective homes.
The state government would make all efforts to send the
remaining displaced Tamils to their respective places, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra