Mercedes Benz hit-and-run case: Suspect likely to surrender today
Chennai: Shaji Purushothaman, son of an industrialist who is wanted in a Mercedes hit-and-run case, is likely to surrender before police on Tuesday, sources said.
Shaji allegedly drove his vehicle under the influence of alcohol at high speed hitting a police patrol vehicle and later ran over some children sleeping on the pavements late in the night of May 23, police said.
The incident took place near the Maternity Hospital in Egmore, which left a boy dead and another girl with serious injuries.
When the matter was being probed, one of his aides Kumar surrendered before the police claiming that he was the one responsible for the incident.
However, police investigations and a driving test involving him proved Kumar could not drive a Mercedes and has only been working for the industrialist.
After a look out notice was issued to nab him, his relatives have informed the police that he would surrender before them, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi