Merger of Left parties should be accelerated: CPI
Coimbatore: Welcoming CPI-M politbureau member
Sitaram Yechury`s remarks about possible merger of the two Left parties, Tamil Nadu unit CPI Secretary D Pandian Tuesday said the merger was a "political duty" and "compulsion of
time" and should be accelerated.
"Merger of CPI and CPIM was a political duty of national
significance and necessity and also compulsion of time," he
told reporters here.
The merger process should be accelerated and completed
before the All India Conferences of the two Left parties
scheduled in March 2012, he said.
Yechury yesterday spoke of a possible merger of CPI and
CPI(M) hoping the two Left parties can come together in the
near future after their split nearly five decades ago, but
said no time-frame could be given for the completion of the
Pandian said there were no major ideological differences
between CPI and CPIM, which came into being in 1964 after some
leaders broke away from the parent party.
A united Communist Party would be able to fight for
people`s causes, particularly in the prevailing situation of
corruption and scams, he said.
Welcoming the implementation of seven electoral promises of
AIADMK by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, Pandian said the
government should expedite the nationalisation of Cable TV
network in the state.
He also lauded the resolution passed in the Assembly
seeking economic sanctions against Sri Lanka.
He said the state government should take steps to retrieve
lands encroached by grabbers and reinvestigate cases relating
to death of three employees of Tamil daily Dinakaran in
Madurai and police-lawyers clash in Madras High Court campus
and bring the culprits to book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical