Mibehaving charges filed against traffic police
Coimbatore: A traffic head constable was taken for questioning and medical examination today following a complaint by a woman that he tried to misbehave with her during a vehicle checking.
Pushpa in her complaint said the policeman Karuppasamy stopped her near a signal and sought the documens of her vehicle and licence, which she had shown to him.
She alleged that Karuppasamy, `under the influence of liquor,` held her hand and "tried to mishave with her", following which she lodged a complaint with the nearby police station.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and took Karuppasamy to the Government Hospital to carry out medical examination to confirm whether he has consumed alcohol during duty hours, police said.
Police are also in the process of going through the footage of camera fitted at all the signals, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez