Mibehaving charges filed against traffic police
Coimbatore: A traffic head constable was taken for questioning and medical examination today following a complaint by a woman that he tried to misbehave with her during a vehicle checking.
Pushpa in her complaint said the policeman Karuppasamy stopped her near a signal and sought the documens of her vehicle and licence, which she had shown to him.
She alleged that Karuppasamy, `under the influence of liquor,` held her hand and "tried to mishave with her", following which she lodged a complaint with the nearby police station.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and took Karuppasamy to the Government Hospital to carry out medical examination to confirm whether he has consumed alcohol during duty hours, police said.
Police are also in the process of going through the footage of camera fitted at all the signals, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video