Mibehaving charges filed against traffic police
Coimbatore: A traffic head constable was taken for questioning and medical examination today following a complaint by a woman that he tried to misbehave with her during a vehicle checking.
Pushpa in her complaint said the policeman Karuppasamy stopped her near a signal and sought the documens of her vehicle and licence, which she had shown to him.
She alleged that Karuppasamy, `under the influence of liquor,` held her hand and "tried to mishave with her", following which she lodged a complaint with the nearby police station.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and took Karuppasamy to the Government Hospital to carry out medical examination to confirm whether he has consumed alcohol during duty hours, police said.
Police are also in the process of going through the footage of camera fitted at all the signals, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal