Mibehaving charges filed against traffic police
Coimbatore: A traffic head constable was taken for questioning and medical examination today following a complaint by a woman that he tried to misbehave with her during a vehicle checking.
Pushpa in her complaint said the policeman Karuppasamy stopped her near a signal and sought the documens of her vehicle and licence, which she had shown to him.
She alleged that Karuppasamy, `under the influence of liquor,` held her hand and "tried to mishave with her", following which she lodged a complaint with the nearby police station.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and took Karuppasamy to the Government Hospital to carry out medical examination to confirm whether he has consumed alcohol during duty hours, police said.
Police are also in the process of going through the footage of camera fitted at all the signals, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!