Microphones in TN Assembly to suit "tall men"
Chennai: Light moments over microphone
continued to prevail for the second on Wednesday in the Tamil Nadu Assembly with a minister and Congress member thanking
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa for taking the initiative.
Jayalalithaa had yesterday asked the microphones to be
rearranged to suit tall men, saying "men should talk like
men," (standing tall).
Electricity Minister R Viswanathan, making a reply, started
off by thanking Chief Minister for taking up the issue with
speaker D Jayakumar which had been rectified.
Congress member N R Rangarajan went a step ahead and said
he thanked Jayalalithaa on "behalf of all tall men," in the
Assembly drawing instant laughter from the Chief Minister
herself and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'