Microphones in TN Assembly to suit "tall men"
Chennai: Light moments over microphone
continued to prevail for the second on Wednesday in the Tamil Nadu Assembly with a minister and Congress member thanking
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa for taking the initiative.
Jayalalithaa had yesterday asked the microphones to be
rearranged to suit tall men, saying "men should talk like
men," (standing tall).
Electricity Minister R Viswanathan, making a reply, started
off by thanking Chief Minister for taking up the issue with
speaker D Jayakumar which had been rectified.
Congress member N R Rangarajan went a step ahead and said
he thanked Jayalalithaa on "behalf of all tall men," in the
Assembly drawing instant laughter from the Chief Minister
herself and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie