Microphones in TN Assembly to suit "tall men"
Chennai: Light moments over microphone
continued to prevail for the second on Wednesday in the Tamil Nadu Assembly with a minister and Congress member thanking
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa for taking the initiative.
Jayalalithaa had yesterday asked the microphones to be
rearranged to suit tall men, saying "men should talk like
men," (standing tall).
Electricity Minister R Viswanathan, making a reply, started
off by thanking Chief Minister for taking up the issue with
speaker D Jayakumar which had been rectified.
Congress member N R Rangarajan went a step ahead and said
he thanked Jayalalithaa on "behalf of all tall men," in the
Assembly drawing instant laughter from the Chief Minister
herself and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!