Microphones in TN Assembly to suit "tall men"
Chennai: Light moments over microphone
continued to prevail for the second on Wednesday in the Tamil Nadu Assembly with a minister and Congress member thanking
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa for taking the initiative.
Jayalalithaa had yesterday asked the microphones to be
rearranged to suit tall men, saying "men should talk like
men," (standing tall).
Electricity Minister R Viswanathan, making a reply, started
off by thanking Chief Minister for taking up the issue with
speaker D Jayakumar which had been rectified.
Congress member N R Rangarajan went a step ahead and said
he thanked Jayalalithaa on "behalf of all tall men," in the
Assembly drawing instant laughter from the Chief Minister
herself and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?