Microphones in TN Assembly to suit "tall men"
Chennai: Light moments over microphone
continued to prevail for the second on Wednesday in the Tamil Nadu Assembly with a minister and Congress member thanking
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa for taking the initiative.
Jayalalithaa had yesterday asked the microphones to be
rearranged to suit tall men, saying "men should talk like
men," (standing tall).
Electricity Minister R Viswanathan, making a reply, started
off by thanking Chief Minister for taking up the issue with
speaker D Jayakumar which had been rectified.
Congress member N R Rangarajan went a step ahead and said
he thanked Jayalalithaa on "behalf of all tall men," in the
Assembly drawing instant laughter from the Chief Minister
herself and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters