Mill workers, families to boycott TN assembly polls
Karaikal: Around 420 workers of loss
making Jayaprakash Narayan Cooperative Spinning Mills Limited
here have decided to boycott the April 13 Assembly polls, fed
up with the "indifferent" attitude of successive governments
in the past 15 years to revive it.
Kumar, leader of the Joint Action Committee of various
workers unions, said the workers and their families were
frustrated with the "inaction" over the years.
He said they have submitted a memorandum to the District
Election Officer, informing him of their decision.
JPCOSPIN was set up in 1990 with the aim of providing
large-scale employment to rural poor. It functioned quite well
in the formative years and produced premium quality cotton
yarn, but became a sick unit over the years, despite attempts
to revive it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city