Mill workers, families to boycott TN assembly polls
Karaikal: Around 420 workers of loss
making Jayaprakash Narayan Cooperative Spinning Mills Limited
here have decided to boycott the April 13 Assembly polls, fed
up with the "indifferent" attitude of successive governments
in the past 15 years to revive it.
Kumar, leader of the Joint Action Committee of various
workers unions, said the workers and their families were
frustrated with the "inaction" over the years.
He said they have submitted a memorandum to the District
Election Officer, informing him of their decision.
JPCOSPIN was set up in 1990 with the aim of providing
large-scale employment to rural poor. It functioned quite well
in the formative years and produced premium quality cotton
yarn, but became a sick unit over the years, despite attempts
to revive it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj