Mill workers, families to boycott TN assembly polls
Karaikal: Around 420 workers of loss
making Jayaprakash Narayan Cooperative Spinning Mills Limited
here have decided to boycott the April 13 Assembly polls, fed
up with the "indifferent" attitude of successive governments
in the past 15 years to revive it.
Kumar, leader of the Joint Action Committee of various
workers unions, said the workers and their families were
frustrated with the "inaction" over the years.
He said they have submitted a memorandum to the District
Election Officer, informing him of their decision.
JPCOSPIN was set up in 1990 with the aim of providing
large-scale employment to rural poor. It functioned quite well
in the formative years and produced premium quality cotton
yarn, but became a sick unit over the years, despite attempts
to revive it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31