Minor daughter`s marriage: Mother files plea
Dindigul: A mother has submitted a petition before the Sub-Judge, who is the District Free Legal Services Authority Secretar, demanding action against four persons, including her husband, for forcing her 16-year-old daughter into marriage. She wants her daughter to be allowed to continue her studies.
The woman, in her petition, alleged her husband forced her daughter, who was doing plus-one, to marry her uncle who was 14 years older to her, last year.
Later they had ill-treated her daughter forcing her to return to her house, the petitioner alleged.
Now, when she had made arrangements for her daughter to continue her studies, staying in a hostel, her daughter`s mother in-law, who is also her sister-in-law, was forcing her daughter to come to her house, and had lodged a complaint with the all women police station at Nilakottai, the petitioner said.
The woman requested the sub-judge to intervene and help her daughter continue her education and also direct police to take action against four persons, including her daughter`s in-laws. The Judge directed the SP, Jayachandran to take appropriate action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts