Minor fire in store room of Satish Dhawan Space Centre
Chennai: A minor fire, which broke out in the store room at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, some 100 km from here, has been doused off, sources said on Friday.
The "minor fire" in a small store room, which was spotted around 5 AM yesterday was put out later, ISRO sources said.
The store room was being managed by a private company Premier Explosives Limited (PEL) in the SDSC campus, they said.
The blaze has not caused any damage to the ISRO property.
"There is no injury to anyone. The things in the store room mainly electrical and electronic equipment belonged to the private company," an ISRO official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!