Minor fire in store room of Satish Dhawan Space Centre
Chennai: A minor fire, which broke out in the store room at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, some 100 km from here, has been doused off, sources said on Friday.
The "minor fire" in a small store room, which was spotted around 5 AM yesterday was put out later, ISRO sources said.
The store room was being managed by a private company Premier Explosives Limited (PEL) in the SDSC campus, they said.
The blaze has not caused any damage to the ISRO property.
"There is no injury to anyone. The things in the store room mainly electrical and electronic equipment belonged to the private company," an ISRO official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) and HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 3