Minor fire in store room of Satish Dhawan Space Centre
Chennai: A minor fire, which broke out in the store room at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, some 100 km from here, has been doused off, sources said on Friday.
The "minor fire" in a small store room, which was spotted around 5 AM yesterday was put out later, ISRO sources said.
The store room was being managed by a private company Premier Explosives Limited (PEL) in the SDSC campus, they said.
The blaze has not caused any damage to the ISRO property.
"There is no injury to anyone. The things in the store room mainly electrical and electronic equipment belonged to the private company," an ISRO official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj