Minor rejig of Tamil Nadu officials
Chennai: In a minor reshuffle in the state bureaucracy, Tamil Nadu government today appointed IAS Apurva Verma as Principal Home Secretary, replacing Niranjan Mardi.
Verma, presently Higher Education Secretary, has been transferred and posted as Principal Secretary, Home, Prohibition, and Excise Department,a government order said.
Mardi has been transferred and posted as Principal Secretary/Commissioner of Economics and Statistics, it said.
K Rajaraman, Principal Secretary, Special Initiatives, and MD, Chennai Metrol Rail Ltd, is Principal Secretary/ Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, replacing Dr K Manivasan.
Manivasan has been appointed State Commissioner for the Welfare of Differently Abled Persons vice VK Jeyakodi.
The services of Pankaj Kumar Bansal, Project Director, Tamil Nadu Health Systems Project, are placed at the disposal of CMRL as its MD, the order said.
NS Palaniappan, Principal Secretary, Rural Development and Panchyat Raj Department "shall be placed full additional charge" of Higher Education Department, it said.
Jeyakodi is Member-Secretary, Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof