Minor rejig of Tamil Nadu officials
Chennai: In a minor reshuffle in the state bureaucracy, Tamil Nadu government today appointed IAS Apurva Verma as Principal Home Secretary, replacing Niranjan Mardi.
Verma, presently Higher Education Secretary, has been transferred and posted as Principal Secretary, Home, Prohibition, and Excise Department,a government order said.
Mardi has been transferred and posted as Principal Secretary/Commissioner of Economics and Statistics, it said.
K Rajaraman, Principal Secretary, Special Initiatives, and MD, Chennai Metrol Rail Ltd, is Principal Secretary/ Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, replacing Dr K Manivasan.
Manivasan has been appointed State Commissioner for the Welfare of Differently Abled Persons vice VK Jeyakodi.
The services of Pankaj Kumar Bansal, Project Director, Tamil Nadu Health Systems Project, are placed at the disposal of CMRL as its MD, the order said.
NS Palaniappan, Principal Secretary, Rural Development and Panchyat Raj Department "shall be placed full additional charge" of Higher Education Department, it said.
Jeyakodi is Member-Secretary, Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha
- Mercedes-AMG SLC43 launched in India at Rs 77.5 lakh
- Two attackers 'neutralized', one hostage killed in France church attack
- Criminal stabbed to death in Goa prison