Minor rejig of Tamil Nadu officials
Chennai: In a minor reshuffle in the state bureaucracy, Tamil Nadu government today appointed IAS Apurva Verma as Principal Home Secretary, replacing Niranjan Mardi.
Verma, presently Higher Education Secretary, has been transferred and posted as Principal Secretary, Home, Prohibition, and Excise Department,a government order said.
Mardi has been transferred and posted as Principal Secretary/Commissioner of Economics and Statistics, it said.
K Rajaraman, Principal Secretary, Special Initiatives, and MD, Chennai Metrol Rail Ltd, is Principal Secretary/ Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, replacing Dr K Manivasan.
Manivasan has been appointed State Commissioner for the Welfare of Differently Abled Persons vice VK Jeyakodi.
The services of Pankaj Kumar Bansal, Project Director, Tamil Nadu Health Systems Project, are placed at the disposal of CMRL as its MD, the order said.
NS Palaniappan, Principal Secretary, Rural Development and Panchyat Raj Department "shall be placed full additional charge" of Higher Education Department, it said.
Jeyakodi is Member-Secretary, Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down