Minor rejig of Tamil Nadu officials
Chennai: In a minor reshuffle in the state bureaucracy, Tamil Nadu government today appointed IAS Apurva Verma as Principal Home Secretary, replacing Niranjan Mardi.
Verma, presently Higher Education Secretary, has been transferred and posted as Principal Secretary, Home, Prohibition, and Excise Department,a government order said.
Mardi has been transferred and posted as Principal Secretary/Commissioner of Economics and Statistics, it said.
K Rajaraman, Principal Secretary, Special Initiatives, and MD, Chennai Metrol Rail Ltd, is Principal Secretary/ Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, replacing Dr K Manivasan.
Manivasan has been appointed State Commissioner for the Welfare of Differently Abled Persons vice VK Jeyakodi.
The services of Pankaj Kumar Bansal, Project Director, Tamil Nadu Health Systems Project, are placed at the disposal of CMRL as its MD, the order said.
NS Palaniappan, Principal Secretary, Rural Development and Panchyat Raj Department "shall be placed full additional charge" of Higher Education Department, it said.
Jeyakodi is Member-Secretary, Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16