Minor shake up in DMK`s ranks
Chennai: In a minor shake up, DMK on Saturday dissolved the party`s Madurai Urban division following "indiscipline" and appointed a temporary committee till a new body was elected.
The shake-up was initiated after some of the functionaries were found acting against the party interests and despite warning from DMK chief M Karunanidhi, party general secretary K Anbazhagan said in a statement.
The action comes in the wake of some posters being pasted by supporters of Karunanidhi`s Madurai-based son MK Alagiri in that town, which had made some critical remarks in the context of the party`s general council held last month here. Alagiri did not attend the meeting.
Differences between Alagiri and his Chennai-based younger brother Stalin are well-known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore