Minor shake up in DMK`s ranks
Chennai: In a minor shake up, DMK on Saturday dissolved the party`s Madurai Urban division following "indiscipline" and appointed a temporary committee till a new body was elected.
The shake-up was initiated after some of the functionaries were found acting against the party interests and despite warning from DMK chief M Karunanidhi, party general secretary K Anbazhagan said in a statement.
The action comes in the wake of some posters being pasted by supporters of Karunanidhi`s Madurai-based son MK Alagiri in that town, which had made some critical remarks in the context of the party`s general council held last month here. Alagiri did not attend the meeting.
Differences between Alagiri and his Chennai-based younger brother Stalin are well-known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi