Minor shake up in DMK`s ranks
Chennai: In a minor shake up, DMK on Saturday dissolved the party`s Madurai Urban division following "indiscipline" and appointed a temporary committee till a new body was elected.
The shake-up was initiated after some of the functionaries were found acting against the party interests and despite warning from DMK chief M Karunanidhi, party general secretary K Anbazhagan said in a statement.
The action comes in the wake of some posters being pasted by supporters of Karunanidhi`s Madurai-based son MK Alagiri in that town, which had made some critical remarks in the context of the party`s general council held last month here. Alagiri did not attend the meeting.
Differences between Alagiri and his Chennai-based younger brother Stalin are well-known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'