Missing AK47, magazine of Stalin`s escort found
Madurai: An AK 47 rifle with 30 bullets reported missing by a CRPF jawan, escorting DMK leader M K Stalin at the airport in Madurai, was found by a party worker in the premises, police said.
The magazine was found on the airport floor by the party worker, who picked it up and handed it to CRPF police personnel yesterday, police said, but declined to give further details.
The jawan had lost the rifle and magazine in a melee when a crowd of more than 3,000 party workers surged forward to welcome Stalin on his arrival from Chennai.
The jawan, part of a five member escort team, noticed the rifle and magazine missing only when he was about to board the vehicle of the DMK leader.
He immediately alerted his colleagues, who searched for it in vain, they said.
Meanwhile officials said an enquiry would be held to ascertain how the rifle and magazine was lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional