Missing AK47, magazine of Stalin`s escort found
Madurai: An AK 47 rifle with 30 bullets reported missing by a CRPF jawan, escorting DMK leader M K Stalin at the airport in Madurai, was found by a party worker in the premises, police said.
The magazine was found on the airport floor by the party worker, who picked it up and handed it to CRPF police personnel yesterday, police said, but declined to give further details.
The jawan had lost the rifle and magazine in a melee when a crowd of more than 3,000 party workers surged forward to welcome Stalin on his arrival from Chennai.
The jawan, part of a five member escort team, noticed the rifle and magazine missing only when he was about to board the vehicle of the DMK leader.
He immediately alerted his colleagues, who searched for it in vain, they said.
Meanwhile officials said an enquiry would be held to ascertain how the rifle and magazine was lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'