MK Alagiri aide detained under Goondas Act
Madurai: Union Minister MK Alagiri`s aide,
Essor Gopi, arrested in connection with the murder of an
autodriver, was detained under Goondas Act on Thursday on the orders
of the District Collector, police said.
Gopi is currently lodged in Tiruchirappalli prison and two
other cases, including a land grabbing case, are pending
Gopi is the third aide of Alagiri to be detained under
Goondas Act after `Pottu` Suresh and `Attack` Pandi.
District Collector U Sagayam ordered Gopi`s detention under
Goondas Act on the recommendation by Superintendent of Police
Asra Garg, police said.
Gopi is currently in prison in connection with the murder
of an autodriver. Pandiarajan, the autodriver, was reported to
have died in a road accident by the Village Administrative
Officer on April 16, 2009 and a hit-and-run accident case was
However, on a complaint by Pandiarajan`s mother and sister
and intelligence inputs, an inquiry panel was formed which
found that he was murdered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'