MK Alagiri aide detained under Goondas Act
Madurai: Union Minister MK Alagiri`s aide,
Essor Gopi, arrested in connection with the murder of an
autodriver, was detained under Goondas Act on Thursday on the orders
of the District Collector, police said.
Gopi is currently lodged in Tiruchirappalli prison and two
other cases, including a land grabbing case, are pending
Gopi is the third aide of Alagiri to be detained under
Goondas Act after `Pottu` Suresh and `Attack` Pandi.
District Collector U Sagayam ordered Gopi`s detention under
Goondas Act on the recommendation by Superintendent of Police
Asra Garg, police said.
Gopi is currently in prison in connection with the murder
of an autodriver. Pandiarajan, the autodriver, was reported to
have died in a road accident by the Village Administrative
Officer on April 16, 2009 and a hit-and-run accident case was
However, on a complaint by Pandiarajan`s mother and sister
and intelligence inputs, an inquiry panel was formed which
found that he was murdered.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference