MK Alagiri visits arrested DMK functionaries
Tirunelveli: Union Minister for Chemicals
and fertilisers and DMK leader MK Alagiri on Wednesday visited
Central prison at Palayamkottai here and met four party
functionaries who had been arrested and remanded in a land
The four are G Thalapathi, N Suresh Babu (DMK executive
ccommittee member) KrishnaPandi and Kodi Chandrasekharan.
Speaking to reporters after meeting them, Alagiri said
they are his close friends and and he had come to see them.
He also referred to his father and DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s
remark that false cases had been foisted against them."I only
called on my friends. Nothing else," he said.
Suresh babu was also Alagiri`s political Personal Assistant.
Former ministers I Periasamy and Ramachandran were
among party leaders who accompanied Alagiri.
The four were arrested yesterday on a land grabbing
complaint filed against them by a woman of nearby Sengulam
The complainant said the four had threatened and forced her
to sell their 5.14 acres for a cheap rate. She was paid only
Rs 40 lakh for the land costing Rs 4.36 crore and forced to
sign a power of attorney in July last year when DMK was in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket