MK Alagiri visits arrested DMK functionaries
Tirunelveli: Union Minister for Chemicals
and fertilisers and DMK leader MK Alagiri on Wednesday visited
Central prison at Palayamkottai here and met four party
functionaries who had been arrested and remanded in a land
The four are G Thalapathi, N Suresh Babu (DMK executive
ccommittee member) KrishnaPandi and Kodi Chandrasekharan.
Speaking to reporters after meeting them, Alagiri said
they are his close friends and and he had come to see them.
He also referred to his father and DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s
remark that false cases had been foisted against them."I only
called on my friends. Nothing else," he said.
Suresh babu was also Alagiri`s political Personal Assistant.
Former ministers I Periasamy and Ramachandran were
among party leaders who accompanied Alagiri.
The four were arrested yesterday on a land grabbing
complaint filed against them by a woman of nearby Sengulam
The complainant said the four had threatened and forced her
to sell their 5.14 acres for a cheap rate. She was paid only
Rs 40 lakh for the land costing Rs 4.36 crore and forced to
sign a power of attorney in July last year when DMK was in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack