MK Alagiri visits arrested DMK functionaries
Tirunelveli: Union Minister for Chemicals
and fertilisers and DMK leader MK Alagiri on Wednesday visited
Central prison at Palayamkottai here and met four party
functionaries who had been arrested and remanded in a land
The four are G Thalapathi, N Suresh Babu (DMK executive
ccommittee member) KrishnaPandi and Kodi Chandrasekharan.
Speaking to reporters after meeting them, Alagiri said
they are his close friends and and he had come to see them.
He also referred to his father and DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s
remark that false cases had been foisted against them."I only
called on my friends. Nothing else," he said.
Suresh babu was also Alagiri`s political Personal Assistant.
Former ministers I Periasamy and Ramachandran were
among party leaders who accompanied Alagiri.
The four were arrested yesterday on a land grabbing
complaint filed against them by a woman of nearby Sengulam
The complainant said the four had threatened and forced her
to sell their 5.14 acres for a cheap rate. She was paid only
Rs 40 lakh for the land costing Rs 4.36 crore and forced to
sign a power of attorney in July last year when DMK was in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...