MK Alagiri visits arrested DMK functionaries
Tirunelveli: Union Minister for Chemicals
and fertilisers and DMK leader MK Alagiri on Wednesday visited
Central prison at Palayamkottai here and met four party
functionaries who had been arrested and remanded in a land
The four are G Thalapathi, N Suresh Babu (DMK executive
ccommittee member) KrishnaPandi and Kodi Chandrasekharan.
Speaking to reporters after meeting them, Alagiri said
they are his close friends and and he had come to see them.
He also referred to his father and DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s
remark that false cases had been foisted against them."I only
called on my friends. Nothing else," he said.
Suresh babu was also Alagiri`s political Personal Assistant.
Former ministers I Periasamy and Ramachandran were
among party leaders who accompanied Alagiri.
The four were arrested yesterday on a land grabbing
complaint filed against them by a woman of nearby Sengulam
The complainant said the four had threatened and forced her
to sell their 5.14 acres for a cheap rate. She was paid only
Rs 40 lakh for the land costing Rs 4.36 crore and forced to
sign a power of attorney in July last year when DMK was in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'