MMD submits inquiry report to Madras HC
Chennai: Mercantile Marine Department (MMD), probing into the grounding of oiltanker M T Pratibha Cauvery near here and the death of six of its crew members on October 31, today submitted its report before the Madras High Court.
Purnendu Mishra, Principal Officer, MMD, Chennai, filed the report through Central Government counsel C V Ramachandramurthy.
The inquiry conducted under Merchant Shipping Act-1958 went into the grouding of the oiltanker and the death of its six crew members.
Justice N Paul Vasanthakumar adjourned the matter for tomorrow.
In a related development, the Principal Sessions Judge P Kalaiarasan today dismissed the bail applications of two shipping agents, who were arrested on November 17 last under Section 304 (ii) of the IPC, in connection with the death of the crew members.
K Jayaraman, Branch Manager and Chitti Babu, Operational Assistant of Seaworld Shipping and Logistics Private Limited had approached the sessions court seeking bail.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam