MMD submits inquiry report to Madras HC
Chennai: Mercantile Marine Department (MMD), probing into the grounding of oiltanker M T Pratibha Cauvery near here and the death of six of its crew members on October 31, today submitted its report before the Madras High Court.
Purnendu Mishra, Principal Officer, MMD, Chennai, filed the report through Central Government counsel C V Ramachandramurthy.
The inquiry conducted under Merchant Shipping Act-1958 went into the grouding of the oiltanker and the death of its six crew members.
Justice N Paul Vasanthakumar adjourned the matter for tomorrow.
In a related development, the Principal Sessions Judge P Kalaiarasan today dismissed the bail applications of two shipping agents, who were arrested on November 17 last under Section 304 (ii) of the IPC, in connection with the death of the crew members.
K Jayaraman, Branch Manager and Chitti Babu, Operational Assistant of Seaworld Shipping and Logistics Private Limited had approached the sessions court seeking bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues