‘Mobile Police Stations’ in select trains of S Railway
Ramanathapuram: With reports of increasing
number of thefts in trains and inability of the passengers to
give complaints, railway police has introduced `Mobile Police
Stations` in Sethu and Nellai Express trains where complaints
would be received and acknowledgements be given.
"This is being done to fix responsibility on the Railway
Police also", Railway sources said.
The police station would be consisted of a sub-inspector,
head constable and four constables, railway sources said.
After receiving complaints, FIR would be registered in
the nearest police station. Tamil Nadu railway police would
also follow up complaints on crimes including theft and
robbery, the sources said.
"Our objective is to prevent the crimes in trains", the
Passengers would also be informed of the progress of the
investigation, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof