Mohanlal`s emotional blog post on Chandrasekharan
Thiruvananthapuram: In an emotional post on his blog on his birthday, Malayalam superstar Mohanlal has said he feels scared to live in a place where people kill or "hire goons" to eliminate fellow-beings.
Referring to the brutal murder of Revolutionary Marxist leader T P Chandrasekharan at Onchiyam in Kozhikode district on May 4, he wondered if Kerala was turning into an asylum.
In the note titled `Ormayil Randu Ammamar (Thinking of two mothers)` posted yesterday, Mohanlal says he was not really happy on his 52nd birthday thinking and grieving about two mothers.
"My mother is in hospital for the last three months after a brain stroke. And I think of the mother of Chandrasekharan who was brutally hacked to death. I can fathom the sea of grief in the mother`s mind when she learns that her son is chopped to death," Mohanlal wrote in the blog.
"I do not know Chandrasekharan personally and have only limited knowledge about him, reading newspapers. If he was alive now, he would have been of my age. His mother will be of the same age as my mother. Mothers know the pain of losing their children when they are alive," he wrote.
Mohanlal says he does not know the politics behind the murder but is scared to live in a place where people kill fellow-beings. "Can these people ever give life to a tiny ant?" he asks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter