Mohanlal`s emotional blog post on Chandrasekharan
Thiruvananthapuram: In an emotional post on his blog on his birthday, Malayalam superstar Mohanlal has said he feels scared to live in a place where people kill or "hire goons" to eliminate fellow-beings.
Referring to the brutal murder of Revolutionary Marxist leader T P Chandrasekharan at Onchiyam in Kozhikode district on May 4, he wondered if Kerala was turning into an asylum.
In the note titled `Ormayil Randu Ammamar (Thinking of two mothers)` posted yesterday, Mohanlal says he was not really happy on his 52nd birthday thinking and grieving about two mothers.
"My mother is in hospital for the last three months after a brain stroke. And I think of the mother of Chandrasekharan who was brutally hacked to death. I can fathom the sea of grief in the mother`s mind when she learns that her son is chopped to death," Mohanlal wrote in the blog.
"I do not know Chandrasekharan personally and have only limited knowledge about him, reading newspapers. If he was alive now, he would have been of my age. His mother will be of the same age as my mother. Mothers know the pain of losing their children when they are alive," he wrote.
Mohanlal says he does not know the politics behind the murder but is scared to live in a place where people kill fellow-beings. "Can these people ever give life to a tiny ant?" he asks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...