Moily attributes BJP crisis due to MLAs `poaching`
Coimbatore: The present `crisis` in the ruling BJP in Karnataka is the result of its "poaching" of rival party MLAs to form the government four years ago, Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily alleged on Monday.
The BJP did not have majority in the last assembly elections and it had to poach on MLAs from JD (S) and Congress to form the ministry, Moily told reporters here on the sidelines of a function.
"This (the showdown between Chief Minister Sadananda Gowda and former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa) is the result of poaching of MLAs through their Operation Kamala and the party is struggling to bail out the government", he said.
The BJP was running the government like day-to-day business with some adjustments, by which there was no development in the state and the people were suffering, said the former Karnataka chief minister.
"It is unfortunate for Karnataka for having such a Government", he said, adding, there was "total crisis of character within the BJP".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das