Mom held for allowing paramour to rape daughter
Madurai: In a shocking incident, an 11-year-old girl was raped by a man near here allegedly with her mother`s consent, and the woman has been arrested.
The incident came to light after doctors of the Government Rajaji Hospital examined the girl, police said on Sunday.
Police were informed that it was a case of sexual assault and the mother was arrested following a complaint from the girl`s father, police said.
The woman had allegedly given her consent to her lover, Ravi, for raping the girl on June 15 at Sakkimangalam near here, police said.
A case has been registered and the woman arrested for allegedly allowing her paramour to rape her daughter.
Social welfare officer Jayalakshmi,and Red Cross Society joint secretary Gopalakrishnan, who rushed the girl to hospital after she complained of pain, were now taking care of the girl.
Police are searching for Ravi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days