Mom held for allowing paramour to rape daughter
Madurai: In a shocking incident, an 11-year-old girl was raped by a man near here allegedly with her mother`s consent, and the woman has been arrested.
The incident came to light after doctors of the Government Rajaji Hospital examined the girl, police said on Sunday.
Police were informed that it was a case of sexual assault and the mother was arrested following a complaint from the girl`s father, police said.
The woman had allegedly given her consent to her lover, Ravi, for raping the girl on June 15 at Sakkimangalam near here, police said.
A case has been registered and the woman arrested for allegedly allowing her paramour to rape her daughter.
Social welfare officer Jayalakshmi,and Red Cross Society joint secretary Gopalakrishnan, who rushed the girl to hospital after she complained of pain, were now taking care of the girl.
Police are searching for Ravi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir