Mom held for allowing paramour to rape daughter
Madurai: In a shocking incident, an 11-year-old girl was raped by a man near here allegedly with her mother`s consent, and the woman has been arrested.
The incident came to light after doctors of the Government Rajaji Hospital examined the girl, police said on Sunday.
Police were informed that it was a case of sexual assault and the mother was arrested following a complaint from the girl`s father, police said.
The woman had allegedly given her consent to her lover, Ravi, for raping the girl on June 15 at Sakkimangalam near here, police said.
A case has been registered and the woman arrested for allegedly allowing her paramour to rape her daughter.
Social welfare officer Jayalakshmi,and Red Cross Society joint secretary Gopalakrishnan, who rushed the girl to hospital after she complained of pain, were now taking care of the girl.
Police are searching for Ravi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter