Mosque furnitures found damaged, two youths attacked in Tamil Nadu
Ramanathapuram: Two motorcyclists were waylaid and attacked with sticks and iron rods by unidentified persons Tuesday after news spread that some furnitures and electrical items inside a mosque was damaged, police said.
A large number of people assembled near the mosque after it was found in the morning that some furnitures and electrical items there were damaged by unidentfied persons.
The youths were attacked when they were travelling on the road near to the mosque, police said, adding, they were admitted to hospital.
A demonstration was held condemning the destruction of furnitures in the mosque.
Additional police force have been deployed around the mosque, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city