Mosque furnitures found damaged, two youths attacked in Tamil Nadu
Ramanathapuram: Two motorcyclists were waylaid and attacked with sticks and iron rods by unidentified persons Tuesday after news spread that some furnitures and electrical items inside a mosque was damaged, police said.
A large number of people assembled near the mosque after it was found in the morning that some furnitures and electrical items there were damaged by unidentfied persons.
The youths were attacked when they were travelling on the road near to the mosque, police said, adding, they were admitted to hospital.
A demonstration was held condemning the destruction of furnitures in the mosque.
Additional police force have been deployed around the mosque, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read