Mosque official held for `sodomising` 8-year old boy
Ramanathapuram: An administrator of a mosque was arrested on Friday for allegedly sodomising an eight-year-old boy in Keezhakarai in the district, police said.
Modhiar Siddique Ali of the Natham mosque, arrested on a complaint from the father of the victim, had also video-graphed his act using mobile phone and blackmailed the boy, they said.
During the investigation police found that Ali had sexually harassed the boy for more than one year.
Though the boy`s mother had complained to the local Jamath, no action was initiated against Ali.
Besides booking Ali, police have registered a case against Jamath president Abdul Ajeez and correspondent Jahangir and member Sirajuddin for allegedly covering up the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter