Mother-daughter found murdered in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: A 70-year-old woman and her daughter, both widows, were found murdered on Tuesday and gold ornaments and cash valued over Rs 10 lakh were missing from their house at Pichapalayam in nearby Tirupur District, police said.
A woman, staying on the first floor of their house saw the 42-year-old daughter lying in the bed in an unusual posture and immediately informed police who rushed to the spot.
The mother`s throat was slit by a sharp weapon, while the daughter, who was working as an accountant in a knitwear factory, was strangled, police said.
Two almirahs were found broken open and gold ornaments weighing 70 sovereigns and Rs two lakh found missing from the house, police said, quoting family members.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani