Mother-daughter found murdered in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: A 70-year-old woman and her daughter, both widows, were found murdered on Tuesday and gold ornaments and cash valued over Rs 10 lakh were missing from their house at Pichapalayam in nearby Tirupur District, police said.
A woman, staying on the first floor of their house saw the 42-year-old daughter lying in the bed in an unusual posture and immediately informed police who rushed to the spot.
The mother`s throat was slit by a sharp weapon, while the daughter, who was working as an accountant in a knitwear factory, was strangled, police said.
Two almirahs were found broken open and gold ornaments weighing 70 sovereigns and Rs two lakh found missing from the house, police said, quoting family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case