Mother-daughter found murdered in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: A 70-year-old woman and her daughter, both widows, were found murdered on Tuesday and gold ornaments and cash valued over Rs 10 lakh were missing from their house at Pichapalayam in nearby Tirupur District, police said.
A woman, staying on the first floor of their house saw the 42-year-old daughter lying in the bed in an unusual posture and immediately informed police who rushed to the spot.
The mother`s throat was slit by a sharp weapon, while the daughter, who was working as an accountant in a knitwear factory, was strangled, police said.
Two almirahs were found broken open and gold ornaments weighing 70 sovereigns and Rs two lakh found missing from the house, police said, quoting family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!