Mother-daughter found murdered in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: A 70-year-old woman and her daughter, both widows, were found murdered on Tuesday and gold ornaments and cash valued over Rs 10 lakh were missing from their house at Pichapalayam in nearby Tirupur District, police said.
A woman, staying on the first floor of their house saw the 42-year-old daughter lying in the bed in an unusual posture and immediately informed police who rushed to the spot.
The mother`s throat was slit by a sharp weapon, while the daughter, who was working as an accountant in a knitwear factory, was strangled, police said.
Two almirahs were found broken open and gold ornaments weighing 70 sovereigns and Rs two lakh found missing from the house, police said, quoting family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof