Mother sentenced to two life terms for killing children
Namakkal: A local court here has awarded two life terms to a 26-year-old woman for killing her children before attempting suicide following a dispute with her husband in 2011.
According to prosecution the woman was married to Sivashankar of Senthamangalam and the couple had two sons.
The couple had a quarrel on October 6, 2011. She left the house with the children when her husband was not there and threw the boys into a well and then jumped into it. Though the locals saved her, the children drowned.
She was arrested and booked under IPC sections 302 (murder) and 309 (attempted suicide).
Principal District Judge A Devasahayam yesterday sentenced her to two life terms, besides imposing a fine of Rs 10,000. The sentences will be served concurrently, the Judge said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof