Mother sentenced to two life terms for killing children
Namakkal: A local court here has awarded two life terms to a 26-year-old woman for killing her children before attempting suicide following a dispute with her husband in 2011.
According to prosecution the woman was married to Sivashankar of Senthamangalam and the couple had two sons.
The couple had a quarrel on October 6, 2011. She left the house with the children when her husband was not there and threw the boys into a well and then jumped into it. Though the locals saved her, the children drowned.
She was arrested and booked under IPC sections 302 (murder) and 309 (attempted suicide).
Principal District Judge A Devasahayam yesterday sentenced her to two life terms, besides imposing a fine of Rs 10,000. The sentences will be served concurrently, the Judge said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi