Mullaperiyar Dam case: Karunanidhi welcomes SC verdict
Chennai/Thiruvananthapuram: Former Tamil Nadu chief minister and head of the opposition Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) party M Karunanidhi Wednesday expressed his satisfaction and happiness over the Supreme Court`s verdict to allow the raising of the water level in the Mullaperiyar Dam to 142 feet from the existing 136 feet.
"I am happy with the Supreme Court`s verdict. It is in Tamil Nadu`s favour," said Karunanidhi.
However, Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy said in Thiruvananthapuram that his government had fought the case well in the court, and added that now the state cabinet would review the apex court`s verdict and decide on the next steps.
"We have fought the case well. The state cabinet will meet today and will discuss the future course of action after getting details of the Supreme Court verdict," said Chandy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional