Mullaperiyar Dam case: Karunanidhi welcomes SC verdict
Chennai/Thiruvananthapuram: Former Tamil Nadu chief minister and head of the opposition Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) party M Karunanidhi Wednesday expressed his satisfaction and happiness over the Supreme Court`s verdict to allow the raising of the water level in the Mullaperiyar Dam to 142 feet from the existing 136 feet.
"I am happy with the Supreme Court`s verdict. It is in Tamil Nadu`s favour," said Karunanidhi.
However, Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy said in Thiruvananthapuram that his government had fought the case well in the court, and added that now the state cabinet would review the apex court`s verdict and decide on the next steps.
"We have fought the case well. The state cabinet will meet today and will discuss the future course of action after getting details of the Supreme Court verdict," said Chandy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter