Mullaperiyar: DMDK for increase in storage level
Chennai: Flaying the Centre for its "lethargic
attitude" in solving interstate water disputes, DMDK on Friday said
instead of convening meeting of Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu
and Kerala to solve Mullaperiyar dam issue, the Centre should
take steps to increase storage level in the dam from the
present 136 feet to 142 feet as per the Supreme Court order.
Due to the "lethargic attitude" of the Centre, Tamil Nadu
had lost heavily, whether it was Cauvery issue or Mullaperiyar
dam issue, DMDK leader Vijaykant said in a statement here.
"It is the duty of the Centre to implement the Supreme
Court order", he said.
Describing the recent acts of Kerala government as "knee
jerk reaction", he said Kerala government was creating a panic
among the public only to counter any possible order from the
empowered committee appointed by the Supreme Court that the
dam was safe.
Kerala government`s acts would only create enmity between
the people of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. he said.
He said Kerala was not prepared to wait for the order of
the empowered committee headed by justice KS Anand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali