Mullaperiyar: DMDK for increase in storage level
Chennai: Flaying the Centre for its "lethargic
attitude" in solving interstate water disputes, DMDK on Friday said
instead of convening meeting of Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu
and Kerala to solve Mullaperiyar dam issue, the Centre should
take steps to increase storage level in the dam from the
present 136 feet to 142 feet as per the Supreme Court order.
Due to the "lethargic attitude" of the Centre, Tamil Nadu
had lost heavily, whether it was Cauvery issue or Mullaperiyar
dam issue, DMDK leader Vijaykant said in a statement here.
"It is the duty of the Centre to implement the Supreme
Court order", he said.
Describing the recent acts of Kerala government as "knee
jerk reaction", he said Kerala government was creating a panic
among the public only to counter any possible order from the
empowered committee appointed by the Supreme Court that the
dam was safe.
Kerala government`s acts would only create enmity between
the people of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. he said.
He said Kerala was not prepared to wait for the order of
the empowered committee headed by justice KS Anand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what