Mullaperiyar row: MDMK leader Vaiko held
Chennai: MDMK leader Vaiko was on Wednesday taken into custody for trying to block incoming traffic from Kerala into Tamil Nadu.
Vaiko was held in the state’s Theni district along with some hundred supporters for blocking traffic.
The MDMK leader was protesting against Kerala government`s demand for decommissioning the Mullaperiyar dam.
The MDMK along with other political outfits had said that they would on Wednesday block all the roads connecting the neighbouring state with Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi