Mystery surround 18-month-old boy`s death
Theni: Mystery prevails over the death of an 18-month-old male child at Manjalaaru in this district on Sunday even as District Collector K C Palanisamy said the exact cause of death would be known only after post-mortem.
The boy`s parents alleged that their son collapsed after pulse polio drops were administered. However, the Collector said the exact cause of the death would be known only after the post-mortem.
The parents said they immediately took their son to a doctor in school where the immunisation drive was on and he confirmed the boy had died.
The child`s body was later taken to Theni medical college hospital for autopsy.
Tension prevailed in Manjalaaru for some time after villagers thronged the hospital premises on coming to know about the child`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH