Naidu criticises announcement of freebies
Madurai: BJP Leader M Venkiah Naidu on Tuesday said by announcing freebies in their manifestos for April 13
Tamil Nadu assembly polls, AIADMK and DMK have showed that
these parties have no policies for the development of the
He said both these parties were vying with each other in
announcing freebies instead of programmes for generating more
power, setting up schools or hospitals and programmes to
"Freebies will not develop the state. They will only make
it debtors", he said.
Government could find ways to improve farming by
introducing more drip irrigation projects. Better health
care schemes and schools were needed, he said.
He said the policies of alliance partners of AIADMK and
DMK fronts were contradictory.
He alleged that the UPA government was not serious about
ordering investigations into various scandals. In the 2G
spectrum scam, it was the Supreme Court which asked the
government to conduct a CBI inquiry.
There had been series of scams that involved crores of
rupees and Prime Minister also was not speaking about them, he
He welcomed stringent actions taken by Election
Commission against distribution of money to voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!