Naidu criticises announcement of freebies
Madurai: BJP Leader M Venkiah Naidu on Tuesday said by announcing freebies in their manifestos for April 13
Tamil Nadu assembly polls, AIADMK and DMK have showed that
these parties have no policies for the development of the
He said both these parties were vying with each other in
announcing freebies instead of programmes for generating more
power, setting up schools or hospitals and programmes to
"Freebies will not develop the state. They will only make
it debtors", he said.
Government could find ways to improve farming by
introducing more drip irrigation projects. Better health
care schemes and schools were needed, he said.
He said the policies of alliance partners of AIADMK and
DMK fronts were contradictory.
He alleged that the UPA government was not serious about
ordering investigations into various scandals. In the 2G
spectrum scam, it was the Supreme Court which asked the
government to conduct a CBI inquiry.
There had been series of scams that involved crores of
rupees and Prime Minister also was not speaking about them, he
He welcomed stringent actions taken by Election
Commission against distribution of money to voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves