Naidu meets victims of Chennai building collapse
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu today met the victims of the building collapse incident in Chennai and promised to provide necessary medical care and relief on a "war-footing" for them.
Several of the dead and injured persons in the tragedy are said to be from Vizianagaram and Srikakulam districts of Andhra Pradesh.
Naidu, who travelled to Chennai from Sriharikota in Nellore district after witnessing the successful launch of PSLV-C23 rocket in the company of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, consoled the victims of the building collapse, an official release said here.
Sriharikota is about 100 kms far from Chennai.
The death toll in collapse of the under-construction 11-storey building near suburban Porur in Chennai has risen to 17, even as a woman was pulled out alive, sustaining head injuries this morning.
Naidu has assured the victims of necessary medical care and relief on a "war-footing", the release said.
Naidu has already announced an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh to kin of each of the deceased Andhra Pradesh natives.
He has also asked a team of officials to go to Chennai to supervise the rescue and relief operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad