Nanguneri SEZ phase-I to be ready by 2011
Madurai: The first phase of the long-awaited
Nanguneri multi-product Special Economic Zone in Tirunelveli
District of Tamil Nadu would be ready with complete
infrastructural facilities by September 2011, a senior
official said on Tuesday.
The construction of arterial road works had already been
started and would be completed by June. Likewise, the
administrative building, water storage Pond, electricity
supply works, fencing would be complete by June, TamilNadu
Industrial Development Corporation Ltd Managing Director
Sunil Paliwal said here.
Nanguneri SEZ was "the most attractive place in India"
for investment to set up Export-Oriented Units, he said
addressing a session on "Nanguneri SEZ: An Investment
Opportunity, organised by the Confederation of Indian
Industries (CII) here tonight.
"It is very attractive for several reasons including
Special Package of Incentives given for investments in
Southern Districts of TamilNadu in order to decongest the
crowded Chennai and Surrounding areas".
The government had approved drawal of water from the
Tamirabarani river for the project and a special 230 KV
sub-station was being set up shortly.
He was confident that the demand for space at Nanguneri
SEZ would go up and asked the investors to invest early.
Though 2,520 acres had been acquired for the project, the
first phase on 400 acres would be ready by 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice