Nanjil Sampath joins AIADMK; appointed deputy propaganda secy
Chennai: Nanjil Sampath, a long time associate of MDMK leader Vaiko, today joined the ruling AIADMK and was immediately appointed as Deputy Propoganda Secretary by party chief J Jayalalithaa.
Sampath, who had differences with Vaiko, called on Jayalalithaa at her Poes Garden residence and was taken in to the party as a primary member.
The induction of Sampath, a renowned orator, into the AIADMK is expected to give a boost to the party ahead of the next Lok Sabha elections.
The rift between Vaiko and Sampath, who was also MDMK propaganda secretary, came to the fore recently when the latter attacked the MDMK Chief saying he was being sidelined by the party leadership because of his increasing popularity.
Sampath was one of the DMK old-timers who followed Vaiko when MDMK was launched.
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad's mentor Muttiah Muralitharan highly impressed with Bangladeshi pacer Mustafizur Rahman
- I am neither a borrower or a judgement debtor, says Vijay Mallya
- Secret Jaish-e-Muhammad training camp involved in Pathankot airbase attack traced
- China stripped America, made money and rebuilt itself: Donald Trump
- Google acquires start-up founded by Indian-origin entrepreneur Varun Malhotra