Nanjil Sampath joins AIADMK; appointed deputy propaganda secy
Chennai: Nanjil Sampath, a long time associate of MDMK leader Vaiko, today joined the ruling AIADMK and was immediately appointed as Deputy Propoganda Secretary by party chief J Jayalalithaa.
Sampath, who had differences with Vaiko, called on Jayalalithaa at her Poes Garden residence and was taken in to the party as a primary member.
The induction of Sampath, a renowned orator, into the AIADMK is expected to give a boost to the party ahead of the next Lok Sabha elections.
The rift between Vaiko and Sampath, who was also MDMK propaganda secretary, came to the fore recently when the latter attacked the MDMK Chief saying he was being sidelined by the party leadership because of his increasing popularity.
Sampath was one of the DMK old-timers who followed Vaiko when MDMK was launched.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note