Nanjil Sampath joins AIADMK; appointed deputy propaganda secy
Chennai: Nanjil Sampath, a long time associate of MDMK leader Vaiko, today joined the ruling AIADMK and was immediately appointed as Deputy Propoganda Secretary by party chief J Jayalalithaa.
Sampath, who had differences with Vaiko, called on Jayalalithaa at her Poes Garden residence and was taken in to the party as a primary member.
The induction of Sampath, a renowned orator, into the AIADMK is expected to give a boost to the party ahead of the next Lok Sabha elections.
The rift between Vaiko and Sampath, who was also MDMK propaganda secretary, came to the fore recently when the latter attacked the MDMK Chief saying he was being sidelined by the party leadership because of his increasing popularity.
Sampath was one of the DMK old-timers who followed Vaiko when MDMK was launched.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh