Narayanasamy offer worship at Meenakshi temple
Madurai: Union Minister of state in the PMO V
Narayanasamy on Saturday offered prayers at the famous Meenakshi
"I sought the blessings of God Sri Sundareswarar and
Goddess Meenakshi for removing hurdles in the safe
commissioning of the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Project, he
told reporters after visiting the temple.
The minister said when he came to the city last time to
address the Chamber of Commerce, he had prayed at the temple
seeking the blessings of the deity for the smooth
commissioning of KNPP and for removing "the darkness
prevailing in Tamil Nadu due to acute power shortage."
"Now with the cooperation of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
(Jayalalithaa), the hurdles had been removed", he said.
He also thanked DMK chief M Karunanidhi, various trade
bodies and organisations for supporting the KNPP project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch