Narayanasamy offer worship at Meenakshi temple
Madurai: Union Minister of state in the PMO V
Narayanasamy on Saturday offered prayers at the famous Meenakshi
"I sought the blessings of God Sri Sundareswarar and
Goddess Meenakshi for removing hurdles in the safe
commissioning of the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Project, he
told reporters after visiting the temple.
The minister said when he came to the city last time to
address the Chamber of Commerce, he had prayed at the temple
seeking the blessings of the deity for the smooth
commissioning of KNPP and for removing "the darkness
prevailing in Tamil Nadu due to acute power shortage."
"Now with the cooperation of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
(Jayalalithaa), the hurdles had been removed", he said.
He also thanked DMK chief M Karunanidhi, various trade
bodies and organisations for supporting the KNPP project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption