Narayanasamy offer worship at Meenakshi temple
Madurai: Union Minister of state in the PMO V
Narayanasamy on Saturday offered prayers at the famous Meenakshi
"I sought the blessings of God Sri Sundareswarar and
Goddess Meenakshi for removing hurdles in the safe
commissioning of the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Project, he
told reporters after visiting the temple.
The minister said when he came to the city last time to
address the Chamber of Commerce, he had prayed at the temple
seeking the blessings of the deity for the smooth
commissioning of KNPP and for removing "the darkness
prevailing in Tamil Nadu due to acute power shortage."
"Now with the cooperation of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
(Jayalalithaa), the hurdles had been removed", he said.
He also thanked DMK chief M Karunanidhi, various trade
bodies and organisations for supporting the KNPP project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai