Narayanasamy vouches for KNPP`s safety again
Palani: Vouching for the safety of the
Koodankulam Nuclear Power project again, Minister of State
in the Prime Minister`s office, V Narayanasamy, on Sunday said
there were 20 nuclear plants in the country and no problem
was experienced anywhere.
He said many scientists were staying in the KNPP quarters
along with their children.
"Will they stay there if they feel it is harmful to their
children?" Narayanasamy, who was deputed by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh to meet the anti-KNPP agitators in their first
phase stir in September, told reporters after offering worship
at the Murugan temple here.
"Even if an aeroplane collided with the plant, nothing
will happen to it," he quipped.
He also rejected reports that nuclear waste would affect
the marine life."The anti-nuclear activists need not worry.. nothing will happen to them."
Tsunami waves also could not do anything to the
Koodankulam nuclear plant as it was located at a very high
level, he claimed.
To a question on the anti-KNPP protest being allegedly
funded by foreign agencies, he said "I only asked how the
anti-nuclear energy campaigners are generating funds for the
protests did not say USA is funding them."
Narayanasamy had said yesterday that a probe was on into
the source of funding and other aspects of the three-month
long stir against the nuclear power plant at Koodankulam.
"The agitation is going on for three months. How is it
sustained, is a question mark. It is not known who is
financing all this. A detailed probe is on," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University