Narayanasamy vouches for KNPP`s safety again
Palani: Vouching for the safety of the
Koodankulam Nuclear Power project again, Minister of State
in the Prime Minister`s office, V Narayanasamy, on Sunday said
there were 20 nuclear plants in the country and no problem
was experienced anywhere.
He said many scientists were staying in the KNPP quarters
along with their children.
"Will they stay there if they feel it is harmful to their
children?" Narayanasamy, who was deputed by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh to meet the anti-KNPP agitators in their first
phase stir in September, told reporters after offering worship
at the Murugan temple here.
"Even if an aeroplane collided with the plant, nothing
will happen to it," he quipped.
He also rejected reports that nuclear waste would affect
the marine life."The anti-nuclear activists need not worry.. nothing will happen to them."
Tsunami waves also could not do anything to the
Koodankulam nuclear plant as it was located at a very high
level, he claimed.
To a question on the anti-KNPP protest being allegedly
funded by foreign agencies, he said "I only asked how the
anti-nuclear energy campaigners are generating funds for the
protests did not say USA is funding them."
Narayanasamy had said yesterday that a probe was on into
the source of funding and other aspects of the three-month
long stir against the nuclear power plant at Koodankulam.
"The agitation is going on for three months. How is it
sustained, is a question mark. It is not known who is
financing all this. A detailed probe is on," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America