Naxal threat: Armed security at police stations in border dists
Salem: Armed security personnel would be posted at all police stations in border districts of Salem, Krishnagiri and Dharmapuri in the wake of threats by Naxals to loot arms and ammunition from them, a top police official said here on Tuesday.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Salem, Sanjay Kumar said they had received information that police stations would be attacked at Kolathur, Anjatty and Krishagiri in these three districts.
Hence, it has been decided to enhance security in the border areas, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say