NDPS court acquits Sudhakaran, two others in heroin case
Chennai: A local court on Monday acquitted Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s former foster son VN Sudhakaran and two others from a 2001 criminal case for allegedly possessing heroin.
Principal Special Judge for cases under Narcotic Drug and Psychotropic Substance (NDPS) Act Chinnappan held them not guilty, holding that the prosecution has failed to prove charges against them beyond doubt.
Police had registered a criminal case against Sudhakaran, Baskaran and Moinudeen after they seized the banned substance from Sudhakaran`s house and from his friend`s office in 2001.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill