Nepalese national held for forging passport
Chennai: A 33-year-old Nepalese man, deported by Singapore authorities after he travelled there on a fake Indian passport, was arrested at the airport here on Sunday.
Airport officials said Surendhar took a flight to Singapore yesterday from here. On his arrival, authorities in the city-state found his Indian passport to be fake.
He was deported to Chennai early today, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh