New HR policy for Prasar Bharti staff in 3-4 months: Official
Chennai: Discussions on new recruitment rules
and service conditions for the employees of Prasar Bharti were
in "advanced stages", a senior official said here on Saturday.
After a series of discussions, new recruitment rules and
service conditions and a human resource policy for the
employees would be out in another three-four months, Prasar
Bharati Member, Personnel, V Shivakumar said.
"Yes yes the discussions are in advance stages (on new
recruitment rules and service conditions..) we are expecting
it to be out in another three-four months...", he told PTI.
The public service broadcaster was on its way to have its
own HR policies on the lines of global practices, he said.
"The Government has constituted a Group of Ministers which
has decided that Prasar Bharati can have its own recruitment
rules and service conditions.. talks are on in advance stages
on this...," he added.
Earlier, addressing a seminar on "The concept and practice
of Public Service Broadcasting in a multi-channel Environment"
organised by the Programme Staff Association of All India
Radio and Doordarshan here, he said, some of the staff related
issues would be addressed promptly hereafter.
"We have started the excercise on addressing the staff
related issues, I agree it is not going on at the required
pace...but we will improve it..".
He said a committee had been constituted to look into the
employee related issues and would also have regular
discussions with them (employees).
On the Human Resource Policy for the employees, he said it
will be a fresh beginning for the employees once it was out.
Stating that the credibility of AIR and Doordarshan had
"not" come down over the years, he said, "be it any government
function in New Delhi like the Republic Day parade, it gets
covered only by Doordarshan and AIR.. infact, the recently
concluded Common Wealth Games was also covered by Doordarshan
and AIR...We have good reputation for that...we just need to
take it to our advantage on our growth (path)..", he said.
He also lauded AIR and Doordarshan for telecasting
programmes on welfare measures for the society. "Besides AIR
and Doordarshan, which television channel telecast programmes
on development of girl child or the benefits of Sarva Shiksha
Abhiyaan ?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!