New party launched in TN; supports Modi for PM post
Coimbatore: Expressing its desire to be part of an alliance to be formed by BJP in Tamil Nadu for the Lok Sabha polls, a new party `Kongunadu Jananayaka Katchi` was launched here on Sunday to focus on and protect the rights of agriculturists and industries in the state`s western region.
"Since all the committee members were keen to see BJP candidate Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister, the party would be part of an alliance to be formed by BJP which would emerge as an alternative to AIADMK and DMK in the State," G K Nagaraj, founder-President of KJK, told reporters.
Nagaraj, who recently quit as General Secretary from `Kongunadu Munnetra Kazhakam`, was elected founder-President of KJK, along with 51 committee members, at the launch of the party this evening.
Other functionaries, including the General Secretary, will be announced soon, he said. "The main objective of the party is to preserve the cultural and traditional values of Tamil Nadu and bring all the population cutting across the barriers of caste, creed, religion and language, under one umbrella for peace and communal harmony," Nagaraj said.
KJK has a 24-point agenda, with more thrust to protect and preserve natural resources, which were being looted, to protect the rights of agriculturists and industries, the mainstay of the region, he said.
It would also focus on problems being faced by farmers, industries and other sectors in Tamil Nadu, particularly 10 districts in the Western Region, which were being neglected in terms of development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand