New political force will emerge after polls in TN: BJP
Chennai: BJP on Monday said the party led alliance will pave for emergence of a "new political force" in Tamil Nadu after the Lok Sabha elections.
"With the BJP forming alliance involving DMDK, MDMK, PMK and few others in Tamil Nadu, definitely a new political force will emerge out of this election", the party`s National General Secretary P Muralidhar Rao told reporters here.
Rao who is also incharge of BJP in Tamil Nadu, however sought to play down the protracted negotiations among allies over seat sharing, remarking "what is wrong in it?
"My front is solid. Our front is DMDK, MDMK, PMK. Right now there are negotiations with all these parties. It is a formidable alliance. Negotiations will be completed in two or three days. Our National President, we think, will come to Chennai to put the final stamp", he said.
"When you have some understanding with parties which are functioning under same territorial area there will be some overlapping constituencies. We have some commitment and also the maturity to resolve those issues. After analysing these issues we have agreed upon to form an alliance. It is only micro-management of agreement.", he told.
To a query about DMK giving a seat to 2G scam tainted A Raja to contest the polls, he said, "our election agenda is corruption, misgovernance, policy paralysis of the UPA. It is not individual specific."
On the issue of Sri Lankan Tamils, Rao blamed Congress as "incapable" of handling the issue with neighbouring countries.
- Holiday video alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput’s oceanic vacation
- NBSE 10th & 12th Results 2016: Nagaland.gov.in Board, NBSE HSLC & HSSLC Results 2016 to be declared on May 3
- MUST WATCH: Kargil martyr's daughter's message to India and Pakistan on Facebook - `Enough is enough`
- Hubble spots galaxy hidding in night sky – See pic!
- Do men really mean all what they say? Read on to decode men