New political force will emerge after polls in TN: BJP
Chennai: BJP on Monday said the party led alliance will pave for emergence of a "new political force" in Tamil Nadu after the Lok Sabha elections.
"With the BJP forming alliance involving DMDK, MDMK, PMK and few others in Tamil Nadu, definitely a new political force will emerge out of this election", the party`s National General Secretary P Muralidhar Rao told reporters here.
Rao who is also incharge of BJP in Tamil Nadu, however sought to play down the protracted negotiations among allies over seat sharing, remarking "what is wrong in it?
"My front is solid. Our front is DMDK, MDMK, PMK. Right now there are negotiations with all these parties. It is a formidable alliance. Negotiations will be completed in two or three days. Our National President, we think, will come to Chennai to put the final stamp", he said.
"When you have some understanding with parties which are functioning under same territorial area there will be some overlapping constituencies. We have some commitment and also the maturity to resolve those issues. After analysing these issues we have agreed upon to form an alliance. It is only micro-management of agreement.", he told.
To a query about DMK giving a seat to 2G scam tainted A Raja to contest the polls, he said, "our election agenda is corruption, misgovernance, policy paralysis of the UPA. It is not individual specific."
On the issue of Sri Lankan Tamils, Rao blamed Congress as "incapable" of handling the issue with neighbouring countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre