New rail service between Chennai and Thanjavur from Sep 1
Chennai: A new daily express rail service between Chennai Egmore and Thanjavur would be introduced from September 1, Southern Railway said on Tuesday.
The train would depart from Chennai Egmore at 11.30 PM have stoppings at Villupuram Junction, Cuddalore Port Junction, Mayiladuthurai Junction and Kumbakonam and would reach Thanjavur the following day at 7.15 AM, it said.
In the return direction, it would leave Thanjavur at 8.45 PM and reach Chennai Egmore at 4.55 AM the following day.
Southern Railway has also extended the Pallavan Express between Chennai Egmore and Tiruchirapalli to Karaikudi.
The Chennai Egmore-Tiruchchirappalli Pallavan Express leaving Chennai Egmore on Sept 1 will be extended to Karaikudi and Pallavan Express would start from Karaikudi to Chennai with effect from September 2, it said.
Consequent to introduction of a new train and an extension, Chennai Egmore ? Kumbakonam Rockfort express trains would run only between Chennai Egmore ? Tiruchchirappalli with effect from September 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing