New rail service between Chennai and Thanjavur from Sep 1
Chennai: A new daily express rail service between Chennai Egmore and Thanjavur would be introduced from September 1, Southern Railway said on Tuesday.
The train would depart from Chennai Egmore at 11.30 PM have stoppings at Villupuram Junction, Cuddalore Port Junction, Mayiladuthurai Junction and Kumbakonam and would reach Thanjavur the following day at 7.15 AM, it said.
In the return direction, it would leave Thanjavur at 8.45 PM and reach Chennai Egmore at 4.55 AM the following day.
Southern Railway has also extended the Pallavan Express between Chennai Egmore and Tiruchirapalli to Karaikudi.
The Chennai Egmore-Tiruchchirappalli Pallavan Express leaving Chennai Egmore on Sept 1 will be extended to Karaikudi and Pallavan Express would start from Karaikudi to Chennai with effect from September 2, it said.
Consequent to introduction of a new train and an extension, Chennai Egmore ? Kumbakonam Rockfort express trains would run only between Chennai Egmore ? Tiruchchirappalli with effect from September 1.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection
- Derogatory remarks against Prophet: ISIS takes credit for hacking Hindu tailor to death in Bangladesh
- India can save $50 billion if logistics costs are brought down to 9% of GDP: Study
- Worsening depression, a predictor of dementia