New rail service between Chennai and Thanjavur from Sep 1
Chennai: A new daily express rail service between Chennai Egmore and Thanjavur would be introduced from September 1, Southern Railway said on Tuesday.
The train would depart from Chennai Egmore at 11.30 PM have stoppings at Villupuram Junction, Cuddalore Port Junction, Mayiladuthurai Junction and Kumbakonam and would reach Thanjavur the following day at 7.15 AM, it said.
In the return direction, it would leave Thanjavur at 8.45 PM and reach Chennai Egmore at 4.55 AM the following day.
Southern Railway has also extended the Pallavan Express between Chennai Egmore and Tiruchirapalli to Karaikudi.
The Chennai Egmore-Tiruchchirappalli Pallavan Express leaving Chennai Egmore on Sept 1 will be extended to Karaikudi and Pallavan Express would start from Karaikudi to Chennai with effect from September 2, it said.
Consequent to introduction of a new train and an extension, Chennai Egmore ? Kumbakonam Rockfort express trains would run only between Chennai Egmore ? Tiruchchirappalli with effect from September 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!