NIA files chargesheet in Kalamassery bus burning case
Kochi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA), which probed the burning of the Tamil Nadu state owned bus at nearby Kalamassery on Sept 9, 2005, on Friday filed the chargesheet before the NIA court here.
The chargesheet was filed before S Vijay Kumar, CBI special court judge, the designated court of NIA.
There are totally 13 accused in the case. Alleged Let operative T Nazeer, who is also accused in Bangalore blast case, is the first accused in the case and Soofiya Madani,
wife of PDP leader, Abdul Nasser Madani, is the 10th accused.
Three of the accused are absconding in the case which took place in 2005 when alleged PDP workers torched the TN state owned bus protesting against the continued imprisonment of PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in the Coimbatore blast case, in the coimbatore jail.
This is the second case in which NIA has filed chargesheet. It had earlier filed the chargesheet in the Kozhikode Twin Blast case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information