NIA files chargesheet in Kalamassery bus burning case
Kochi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA), which probed the burning of the Tamil Nadu state owned bus at nearby Kalamassery on Sept 9, 2005, on Friday filed the chargesheet before the NIA court here.
The chargesheet was filed before S Vijay Kumar, CBI special court judge, the designated court of NIA.
There are totally 13 accused in the case. Alleged Let operative T Nazeer, who is also accused in Bangalore blast case, is the first accused in the case and Soofiya Madani,
wife of PDP leader, Abdul Nasser Madani, is the 10th accused.
Three of the accused are absconding in the case which took place in 2005 when alleged PDP workers torched the TN state owned bus protesting against the continued imprisonment of PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in the Coimbatore blast case, in the coimbatore jail.
This is the second case in which NIA has filed chargesheet. It had earlier filed the chargesheet in the Kozhikode Twin Blast case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?