NIFT prof held for harassing singer on Twitter
Chennai: An Associate Professor of National Institute of Fashion Technology here has been arrested in connection with a complaint by well known singer Chinmayi Sripada of sexual harassment through a social networking site.
Acting on her complaint on October 18, in which she alleged that certain individuals had passed vulgar comments about her and her mother on `Twitter`, police registered a case under Sections 66, 66A of the Information Technology Act, 2005 and Section 4 of the Prevention of Women Harassment Act.
After investigation, the Cyber Crime Cell of Chennai Police arrested Saravana Kumar Perumal.
Two teams have been sent to Coimbatore and Puducherry to arrest two others in connection with the case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview