NIFT prof held for harassing singer on Twitter
Chennai: An Associate Professor of National Institute of Fashion Technology here has been arrested in connection with a complaint by well known singer Chinmayi Sripada of sexual harassment through a social networking site.
Acting on her complaint on October 18, in which she alleged that certain individuals had passed vulgar comments about her and her mother on `Twitter`, police registered a case under Sections 66, 66A of the Information Technology Act, 2005 and Section 4 of the Prevention of Women Harassment Act.
After investigation, the Cyber Crime Cell of Chennai Police arrested Saravana Kumar Perumal.
Two teams have been sent to Coimbatore and Puducherry to arrest two others in connection with the case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Swaraj seeks report from Indian consulate on death of workers
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court asks CBI to begin arguments on framing of charges
- 21kg tumor removed from 61-year-old man at Gurgaon hospital
- `Very difficult` for Bastian Schweinsteiger to play at Manchester United: Jose Mourinho