NIFT prof held for harassing singer on Twitter
Chennai: An Associate Professor of National Institute of Fashion Technology here has been arrested in connection with a complaint by well known singer Chinmayi Sripada of sexual harassment through a social networking site.
Acting on her complaint on October 18, in which she alleged that certain individuals had passed vulgar comments about her and her mother on `Twitter`, police registered a case under Sections 66, 66A of the Information Technology Act, 2005 and Section 4 of the Prevention of Women Harassment Act.
After investigation, the Cyber Crime Cell of Chennai Police arrested Saravana Kumar Perumal.
Two teams have been sent to Coimbatore and Puducherry to arrest two others in connection with the case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list