NIFT prof held for harassing singer on Twitter
Chennai: An Associate Professor of National Institute of Fashion Technology here has been arrested in connection with a complaint by well known singer Chinmayi Sripada of sexual harassment through a social networking site.
Acting on her complaint on October 18, in which she alleged that certain individuals had passed vulgar comments about her and her mother on `Twitter`, police registered a case under Sections 66, 66A of the Information Technology Act, 2005 and Section 4 of the Prevention of Women Harassment Act.
After investigation, the Cyber Crime Cell of Chennai Police arrested Saravana Kumar Perumal.
Two teams have been sent to Coimbatore and Puducherry to arrest two others in connection with the case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: Indian girl pranks mother by saying she's lesbian, see what happens next – Must Watch
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer