NIFT prof held for harassing singer on Twitter
Chennai: An Associate Professor of National Institute of Fashion Technology here has been arrested in connection with a complaint by well known singer Chinmayi Sripada of sexual harassment through a social networking site.
Acting on her complaint on October 18, in which she alleged that certain individuals had passed vulgar comments about her and her mother on `Twitter`, police registered a case under Sections 66, 66A of the Information Technology Act, 2005 and Section 4 of the Prevention of Women Harassment Act.
After investigation, the Cyber Crime Cell of Chennai Police arrested Saravana Kumar Perumal.
Two teams have been sent to Coimbatore and Puducherry to arrest two others in connection with the case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh